Quick and easy Spaghetti with onion, bacon, cream, grated lemon rind, Parmesan cheese (optional) and seasoned with parsley, salt and pepper. That’s it!
A warm dish with spicy flavor and for a large appetite.
They are very high in calories on the one hand, but also tremendous tasty.
- 14.1 oz (400 g) Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
- ½ lb bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan or rapidly boiling, salted water for 10 – 12 minutes, or until it is al dente and drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large deep skillet. Add onion and cook over medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes. Add bacon and fry for further 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, stir in parsley and lemon rind. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 – 2 minutes more, until thick and smooth.
- Add pasta to the skillet with Parmesan cheese. Toss to mix a heat through.
- Serve with grated Parmesan on top.
It is also possible to fry the bacon and onion without butter. In this case start to cook the bacon and then add the onions.