We recently traveled to Tanzania, the first thing I noticed at the fruit stalls, was a large number of exotic pineapples. Only the memory of the glorious, sweet, juicy flavor of the pineapple made my mouth water. The optical, tempting appearance and the sweet smell of pineapples were the invitation to purchase for me!
It didn’t take long until I had cut it together and placed in the refrigerator. (Without tasting, of course, it was not possible!) ?
How to cut a pineapple fast, simple and easy?
1. Lay the pineapple on its side and cut with a sharp knife the crown. Rotate the pineapple and cut the stem off.
2. Stand the pineapple on its end (upright). Notice the dark brown “eyes” around the edge of the pineapple. Cut away the skin, from top to bottom behind the eyes.
3. Split the peeled pineapple lengthwise into halves, then into quarters.
4. Trim the center core from each quarter.
5. Cut the long strips into bite-size pieces.
How to cut a fresh pineapple quickly and easily can be found on Gourmet Food.
A further method in the YouTube video „How to cut a Pineapple ~ Fast, Simple & Easy“ by David Leopold.
A tropical pineapple and coconut delight to cool down,
relax and enjoy.
- 1 large pineapple or 2 cups/480 ml pineapple chunks
- 1 cup/240 ml of chilled water
- ¼ cup/60 ml coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Crushed ice (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender/hand blender/food processor and blend at high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled collins glass or hurricane glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry, a pineapple wedge and serve with a straw.
Orange slice, pineapple leaf, little umbrella.
For an extra special treat, serve the drink in a hollowed-out pineapple or coconut half.