Mango lassi is a healthy Indian yogurt-based fruit drink. One of the best beverages for the hot summer to cool the body.
You can use different varieties of mangoes.
At the moment we are really spoilt of this juicy, tropical fruit. And we enjoy it!!!
The only thing, what I have to do is, to jump out of our Land Rover at the campsite in Nkhata Bay (Malawi).
Take the mangoes from the next branch,
wash, peel, cut and blend it, mix this tropical fruit with the other ingredients and pour into chilled glasses.
What a refreshing delight!!!!!!!!!!!
Mango tree in Nkhata Bay (Malawi).
My beloved husband relaxes at the beach of Lake Malawi in Nkhata Bay.
In front of him is one of these Mango trees.
Mango Lassi Recipe
If you are interested, how to cut a Mango, here a helpful video:
Mango Lassi Step-by-Step
(Hand) blender, cutting board, knife and bowl.
Add some ice cubes (optional).
If you want a thinner consistency, add some milk or water while blending.
- 1 cup (250 ml) ripe mangoes, cubed
- 1 cup (250 ml) chilled yogurt of your choice
- 1 pinch of cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed, sliced dry fruits; few mango cubes or mint leaves for garnish.
- Peel the ripe mangoes, cut into halves, remove the stone and cut into small cubes.
- In a blender, puree the mangoes with sugar and cardamon powder.
- Then add the chilled yogurt and blend for some seconds until smooth and creamy.
- If desired, add some milk while blending for a thinner consistency.
- Pour mango lassi into glasses and garnish.
- Add some ice cubes and blend with the other ingredients together.
- Add some milk or water for thinner consistency.
- Instead of cardamom you can add 1 teaspoon rose water or keep in plain.
- Sliced dry fruits, cubed mangoes, mint leaves