Mango Chutney Recipe
with a sweet and tropical taste made from ripe mangoes.
There is also a fresh ginger flavor in the Chutney.
Mango Chutney is welcome in:
- ground beef
- to grilled cheese sandwich, chicken, fish
Mango Chutney goes well with:
- cheese plate
Prep time / Vorbereiten
Cook time / Zubereiten
Total time / Arbeitszeit
Mango Chutney Recipe with a sweet and tropical taste made from ripe mangoes. There is also a fresh ginger flavor in the Chutney.
Author: Alex at http://www.easycookingrecipes.info/mango-chutney/
Serves / Portionen: 2
Ingredients / Zutaten
- 3 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup sugar, granulated
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon each of salt, cinnamon and ground nutmeg
Instructions / Zubereitung
- In a large saucepan combine the chopped mangoes, apples, onions, finely chopped ginger root and vinegar.
- Over high heat bring to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- When the mixture is thickened, season with lemon juice, salt, curry powder, cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Boil gently further 5 minutes.
- After that, remove the chutney from the heat, let it cool for 15 minutes then ladle it into warm sterilized jars. Seal whilst the chutney is still hot.
Nutrition Information / Ernährungsinfo
Calories: 2168 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 2g Unsaturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 547g Sugar: 502g Sodium: 1215mg Fiber: 34g Protein: 12g